Friday, June 4, 2010

Utter and complete randomness

1.  If you need a laugh- imagine what I just looked like as I tried to get 3 dozen cupcakes home from the grocery store just now- holding 2 dozen of them in my arms and balancing the other dozen on top of the stroller as I pushed the stroller and kids up the hill.  I should have just made Daniel buy them tonight, but I didn't realize that I wasn't going to be able to fit some of them in my stroller basket until it was too late. Whoops.  They made it home, more or less intact. Now I just have to figure out how to get the cupcakes, kids, and multiple bottles of water and lemonade to the party tomorrow.

2.  I'm having trouble readjusting to actually taking care of my own kids all the time.  Where are the other 5 adults?  Two small people are much more manageable when there are 6 adults around than when it's just me. I need nannies. Lots of them.

3. On that note, during my parents' visit, my dad looked at one of the kids and said "if your mother makes it until you go to school without breaking down and going back to work, it's going to be a miracle".  This coming from the person who was 150% against me working when Ethan was born.  We're still trying to figure out how to keep me from going nuts- the problem is that we have nothing on the calendar, ever. No classes, no preschool, no scheduled anything. This is a combo of money issues and lack of a car during the week. But it's just not working for us anymore, and it must change.

4. In completely different news, Vivian ate part of her spoon at breakfast this morning.  Not the one I was feeding her with, but the one I'd given her to play with. She actually took a big bite out of the rubber coating.  I didn't notice right away, but did manage to get it out of her mouth before she swallowed it.

5. And on the bridesmaid dress saga update- I'm going shoe shopping (Payless rocks!) tomorrow after the party or Sunday to find shoes, then I will take it in to be altered. Local people- please start planning fancy dress parties so that I have excuses to wear this dress again! Thanks. :)

6.  My friends on Facebook have been laughing at Vivian's never-ending birthday celebrations. They have been dragging on a bit, haven't they! Normally we would have just done one party, but then her birthday coincided with my family's visit and her dedication at church, and things spiraled from there. We have decided to only do parties every 5 years, at least while the kids are small. So after this, I'm off the hook until August 2012!

7. My house is a mess. I really should fold laundry or something.

8. I'm going to try to get back to running tomorrow. I'm down to just 2 ibuprofen per day for my knees, so I think I'll be functional again by then. I hope so- I'm feeling very lumpish these days. I need some exercise!

9.  Okay, that's all. I'll leave you alone now.  :)

No comments: