Thursday, June 24, 2010

Twiddling my thumbs and waiting for inspiration

It's Thursday- the week has been going reasonably quickly so far, but now it's slowed down to a snail's pace. Come on Saturday! I originally had plans to go to a Mariner's game today, but then Daniel ended up with an appointment this morning and a company-wide meeting at noon, and there is no way I'm dealing with the kids at a MLB game without him. So we didn't go. 

I need to come up with a plan for today soon though. Poor Ethan- yesterday we happened to run into his beloved aunt at Seattle Center when we were out for a walk, but they were late to see Toy Story and we were heading home, so it was just in passing. He cried so hard when he couldn't stay with her- people were actually turning around and staring.  Then this morning, Ethan came out of his room asking about one of his friends, going to the door and calling her name and then dissolving into great sobs when we told him she wasn't coming today.  The kid gets seriously attached to people! 

He's better now though- Vivian's napping, which means he gets to play with toddler-inappropriate toys, and is happy with that.  I just need a plan to keep them both occupied this afternoon. I'm lacking in energy- getting up at 6 AM every day to work out is a little tiring, but I'm doing both the C25K and reviewing a program called Body Gospel for the blog, so I'm stuck with lots of exercise.  Which is great, but tends to make for a tired mommy by mid-morning.

Actually, the real motivation for going out this afternoon is not entertaining the kids- it's because I am out of Eiet Coke. I love Daniel enough that I sent my last Diet Coke with him this  morning.  That's love, in my love languages. :)  So a walk is a must in our future- Mommy needs more caffeine!

Speaking of running, off to a good start with C25K week 5.  I'm a little nervous about the next two days of week 5 though- 8 minutes of running on Saturday and 20 the next time! Listen to me whining about 8 minutes of running, when I know several people running a 1/2 marathon on Saturday.  :)

Anyway, that's all my rambling from here.... hope the sun is shining where you all are and that you're having a great Thursday!

No comments: