Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Seasonal affective disorder much?

Liz called a few minutes ago to see if I was heading to the Children's Museum today. Unbelievably, the answer was no- we're actually off on an outing to the Seattle waterfront with out-of-town relatives.  Today is a perfect day for that outing, since the sun is out! Really, really out! And it's supposed to be 70 today. Liz and I were laughing about our energy levels today- you would not believe how much pep is in the step of everyone that I see outside. 

Personally, I'm laughing and smiling and did all my morning chores right away.  And I keep claiming that I don't have SAD... right....

In running news, I got through week 4!!! You would not believe the sense of accomplishment that I felt. Particularly because I went from utter failure and crying on Saturday to running today like it was nothing. I didn't want to stop at any point in the 5 minute run periods, and I could have kept going longer.  My new running music helped a lot. Also, Daniel had suggested some breathing techniques which totally worked. World of difference. I'm a shallow breather normally, and I had been having so much trouble with that before. Today it was great.

I'm glad I didn't give up on the running. I thought about it.  But for some reason this is so important to me. I need to be able to do this, I need to prove that my body still has something left in it. I need to show my kids that Mommy can do things outside of the house, things to help her stay healthy for her sake and theirs.  I really need to do this.

Off on our outing now! Hope the sun is shining where you are!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Lu's aleady down for a nap - let's hope it's a LONG one - we had the museum to ourselves basically! Running is so fickle like that isn't it? One day it's easy and the next it's the hardest thing you've ever done. Way to keep it up!! xo