Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I remember getting ready for Father's Day 2009- I bought cards on one of my last prenatal appointments, knowing that having a baby on June 1st (she was born via scheduled c-section) wasn't conducive to buying Father's Day cards.  This time last year we were in the depths of exhaustion and sleep deprivation, with a newborn and a toddler. Now it's just about 75% exhaustion, with a toddler who is teething and doesn't believe in sleep.  Progress!

Can I tell you all that any modicum of sanity that I might have left (and it's not a lot) is due to the greatest blessing in my life, my husband. He is such an amazing, selfless person, willing to step in and help out at any time, no matter how long his day has been. My biggest complaint is that he does too much around the house and doesn't rest enough. I know, what kind of complaint is that!

Daniel, meeting you 6+ years ago was the most important turning point in my life.  You have been my rock, my best friend and now the most amazing Dad that two little kids could ever want. Thank you for loving them and loving me and for keeping us all sane. At least a little bit.  We love you so much. Happy Father's Day!

Our most recent photo of Daniel and the kids, last Saturday at his cousin's wedding. Ethan was trying to run off and play in the dirt, while Vivian was getting upset that no one was giving her cake. So a very realistic photo of our life :)


No comments: