Friday, May 14, 2010

Guess who dragged herself out of bed and did day 1 of the Couch to 5K today??

MEEEE!!!!! I knew that it was now or never, so despite another rough night with Vivian (apparently we're on round 2 of the family spring cold now), I got up this morning, laced up my new running shoes and went out.  I need to work on figuring out a good route still.  Since I live in the city there are lots of crosswalks and signals to be negotiated.  Twice I hit the "run now" message on my iPod as I waited for the light to change.

And I need to get up earlier to run.  Maybe when I'm in better shape I wont mind if people actually see me running, but I am not at that point yet :)

I still hate exercise and feel nothing but relief when I'm done, but it is mentally nice to be doing something to take care of myself for once.  Hopefully I can keep it up! I'm sadly out of shape since my exercise over the last year has been in short bursts and then long pauses- and the year before that I was not allowed to exercise for most of the year before while I was pregnant with Vivian. And boy can I tell that I'm out of shape.  I like the slow start of this C25K program though. Hopefully it'll keep me from getting overwhelmed.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement!

5 comments:

Picklebugmuffinsmommy said...

Go Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!

Lizzie said...

HOORAY! I'm so wicked proud of you, knowing how hard it must have been to get out there! And early! Whoa.

"nice to be doing something to take care of myself for once" that's what feels so good! I couldn't quite put my finger on it before...

Jennifer said...

I loved the program! Hope you do too. And around week 5 or so, I started enjoying running. I'm pretty sure hell froze over that day.

佩政 said...

三分之一的人生,可以決定另外三分之二的人生!!共勉哦!

Andrea said...

I have to give you props. I'm so out of breath just going up my stairs lately....When I was 9 1/2 months pregnant with Emma I had a cholesterol reading of 314. I know. That's like ridiculously high. We never figured out if that was the correct number for a then 27 year old to have while pregnant and after downing some juice (whoops) I still haven't been back to get that checked out, I've been scared they'll tell me I can't eat. I need to gear up and get some will power...ugh.

Maybe you'll inspire me. Now where's mah donuts?! just kidding