Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sometimes they make me just stop and smile

This past week was a really tough one. One of the worst that I've had as a mom yet.  A lot of things went really wrong (not just the potty training) and were really challenging and there were lots of tears from pretty much everyone, for one reason or another.

But we survived and it's Saturday and I'm up early getting caught up on things before the other members of the zoo are up and running around.

Even in the midst of the craziness this past week, there were some moments that I had to just stop and smile at my kids. Like this one, when Vivian wouldn't take her bottle from me, so I put it down and walked off, and then looked over to see this:

Honestly, she'll take her bottle better from Ethan than from us sometimes.

Another smiling moment came when Ethan was in his room and Vivian found herself alone! with the bike! and other toys! (this is a very exciting thing for her!).  And I looked over and saw her doing this:


And that, my friends, is why Vivian wears frilly dresses almost every day. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a little tomboy on my hands and the days of the frilly dresses are going to end as soon as she can talk. Mommy is taking advantage of this time when she can control the wardrobe! 

Did your kids do anything especially cute this week? Aren't you so grateful for those moments of smiles in the midst of the routine? 

2 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

That is so cute! You have some great kids Carrie! :)

Jennifer said...

I know what those bad weeks are like, oh do I. Finding the good moments in them is tough, so good for you for doing that.

The weather was beautiful here and so was Kyle. Until today. ANOTHER MOLAR. (I hate molars.)