Monday, April 26, 2010

Probaby the most random thing I've ever complained about here

Okay, this is not a new problem, but it's happened several times lately. Which makes it blog-worthy, right? :)

Here's the situation. I'm filling out forms online for contests or something. I fill in all the blanks, then press submit. And get an error message reading something along the lines of "last name not entered. Please enter at least 3 characters of your last name."  The problem is that my last name is only two letters long! There aren't 3 letters to enter!

Usually the system can be fooled if I put in a space after  my name, but occasionally I have to add a * or something.  I know most last names are at least 3 letters long, but I know we're not alone in the short last name thing.  Where are the rights for people with ultra-short family names? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My maiden name was Do(Vietnamese last name) :)