Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I can't believe I'm blogging about potty-training instead of watching Glee

Glee is on in the background, but I'm catching up on blogging and not really watching it. I suspect that I am going to miss things that you will all be talking about on Twitter tomorrow, and I'll have to watch it again online tomorrow. Oh well :)

Potty-training is definitely not something that's matching up with my personality. It requires 1) patience and 2) ability to deal with lots of bodily fluids.  I am not good at those things.  At all.  Ethan's still sans diapers here though, except at nighttime, and he's thrilled with sitting on the potty and brings his stuffed animals over to go through the whole potty ritual. But so far he's still not doing anything while sitting on the potty and then having an accident within a few minutes of standing up each time. I still think he's ready though, before he wouldn't go near the potty at all, and really fought the idea. So I'm hopeful!

Still, I've been spending a lot of time sitting on the bathroom floor this week, reading books about trains to Ethan and wondering how I suddenly woke up in this life. I'm pretty sure that it was just about 5 minutes ago that I was in college or living in Ukraine or going to grad school or going on my first date with some guy name Daniel who I'd met on match.com. It's gone so fast- I feel like I was just transported to this life where I'm trying to explain bodily functions to one kid and keep another from eating dirt off the floor and OH MY GOODNESS, I'm the mom! I'm the responsible one in this life!  Please, tell me how that happened?

The Madonna songs on Glee today aren't helping me stay centered in my current life- they're making me flash back to being an early teenager! But am loving the songs tonight- too fun! 

No comments: