Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday

As usual, I'm better today after whining here yesterday. Thanks so much to you guys for your nice comments and for the emails that I received. You're the best.

I just need to suck it up and realize that this is, as everyone told me it would be, a challenging time of life. My kids are young and close together in age and both learning and developing little personalities.  My tendency is to focus on the negative and I need to quit that.

I made a comment on Facebook last night similar to what I wrote about, and was humbled to get comments on that from several friends that I have with 3 kids close in age. I do not know how they handle it. And why they didn't just tell me to quit whining and threaten to ship one or more of their kids in my direction :) I deserve that.

And I chatted online with another blog friend whose attitude just never ceases to amaze me. She not only has three kids, including one baby, but she works nights. And then comes home and takes care of her baby all day. Which means that she's doing this mom thing on almost no sleep. I'm practically incapacitated by an occasional night of baby teething.

I'm glad to have other mom friends who let me know that it's okay to be tired and stressed by my kids, but who also remind me that I am not in this alone and that motherhood is sometimes just a lot of work.  What's the saying, this is the hardest job I've ever loved? So true!

Hope your weeks are full of funny kid moments and lots of hugs. Love to you all.

No comments: