Sunday, March 21, 2010

Vivian

My little baby is almost 10 months old. Do you realize what that means? Her first birthday is just around the corner! How did that happen?  It really is mind-blowing to think about her being that old.

And oh my goodness, the girl developed some personality lately! Daniel and I have been joking that her cold virus brought her all sorts of other things. She's trying desperately to give up napping- I can usually get her down for about an hour per day. Total. Insane.

And when I'm not trying to get her to nap, Vivian's busy exerting her new screaming skills. Most of the time it's deserved screaming, as Ethan spends about 90% of his time sitting on her or taking toys from her or pushing her over. There is nothing he finds more amusing than watching people fall over (I think this is some boy thing, and the reason why men like the Three Stooges), so pushing his sister to make her fall over is, in his mind, a good time for all.  Vivian also starts yelling when she wants attention- Daniel and I are starting to realize that we are feeding into this by assuming that Ethan has done something to her every time she yells, so now she's yelling ahead of time to get her way. Sneaky. I'm secretly proud.

I'm also starting to realize that I might not get to win the girly-girl battle much longer.  I dress Vivian in frilly dresses and hairbows, then she beelines off to play with Ethan's trucks and construction equipment and tricycle, leaving her dolls in the dust. Let me tell you, there is nothing cuter than the sight of a ruffled bum crawling off to play with a toy dump truck.

It's still weird to me to see my kids becoming real little people. They aren't my babies anymore, they are kids with their own personalities and opinions. That's scary and thrilling all at the same time. 

For your viewing pleasure- some random cute pictures of Miss Vivian. And one with Mr. Ethan as well.

Her shirt reads "Cutest Little Tax Deduction". We were doing our taxes that day


1 comment:

Ashley said...

She's totally adorable! I think second children learn how to do that Really early, as I've learned from watching Natalie. She sometimes screams and squeals just when Kirsten comes near her and not even for any particular reason. Crazy, huh?