Monday, March 22, 2010

Trying to make plans for this Sunday... my birthday!

I have a birthday right around the corner- this coming Sunday I will turn 33! It's funny, I keep waiting to feel like a real grown-up, but despite having kids, a husband, mortgages, degrees, a career and being in my early/mid 30s, I still feel like a total imposter. :)

Anyway, my birthday is Sunday, so we'll have church, but what we do after that is currently under negotiations.   Daniel really wants to get a sitter and take me out for dinner- which is SO sweet of him to think about and want to plan.

Truthfully though, I really just want a cheeseburger for lunch and take-out sushi for dinner. I want to watch a silly movie and eat my sushi in my pjs in front of the TV with a glass of wine.  That sounds utterly divine to me. Oh, and cake, of course.

My birthday plans heavily revolve around food because I've been on Weight Watchers for almost 2 months now.  And it's working, I'm down 11 pounds, which is pretty good, given that I'm only just over 5 feet tall, so little losses make a big difference.  But I weigh-in on Sunday mornings, which means my sometimes-cheat-day is Sunday, and since it's my birthday, I really want to take advantage of this. 

Daniel is a naturally skinny guy who is not obsessed with food, so he doesn't understand my logic at all, and I know he thinks I'm just trying to save money or something. I have 6 days to bring him around to my side :)

2 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Of course you need CAKE!!! :) Love cake! Congrats on the 11 lbs down! :)

Lizzie said...

If you decide to go out? I WANT TO BABYSIT! Any time. Maybe you want to go out for cheeseburger sans kids at lunch? I'm there. Let me know what time.

Also? Adam heard his boss say (of him), "He's in his early thirties with a young family." And Adam was all "who is he talking about?"