- Sunshine. And 60-something degrees. It's just perfect outside. Of course, we are inside, but we'll probably head out again later.
- Time to meet up with friends. We finally got out of quarantine today and were able to meet up with friends at a coffee shop. The play area was only lightly populated when we got there, and then we soon had the place to ourselves. So the kids were able to run around and dance and be loud and wear themselves out. It was a good morning.
- Lizzie's daughter Lucy's dancing. The girl has moves. There were several times that Lizzie and I were laughing so hard that we could barely breathe. It was fabulous. There is very little in this world that's more fun than watching a 1 1/2 year old dance.
- A free Saturday tomorrow! Daniel just called to tell me that we do not have to drive an hour and a half each way tomorrow to check on the ridiculously expensive septic tank repairs at our rental property. I am thrilled, since spending a nice Saturday in the car to check out a septic system was not sounding so exciting. But Daniel's love language is quality time together, so I was trying to keep my mouth shut :)
- My kids are a handful these days, but they're so much fun too! It blows my mind that Ethan's just a few months away from being 3 years old, and my little baby is going to be 1 even sooner! But they are so much fun and it's great to see their little personalities really developing. I feel like I can have actual conversations now with Ethan and really interact with him, which is nice. Vivian is busy trying to figure out how to stand up from crawling. She can pull herself up if there's furniture nearby, but she really wants to stand. Since I'm anti-vacuuming, I'm all for anything that gets her further away from the dirty floor.
- To top off a nice day today, tonight is our home fellowship. We're reading a great book about prayer, so I'm looking forward to catching up with the other couples in our group and hearing what God is doing in their lives these days and hearing what the book had to say to everyone.
- And did I mention sunshine! It's supposed to be sticking around for a few days too, which is so exciting. This winter has completely rocked here in Seattle. I'm hoping for a sunny spring too!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Things that are making me happy today
What a nice day today! I'm in such a good mood and thought I should actually blog happy instead of waiting for my usual angsty mood to hit :) Things that are making me happy today: