Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My turn to be the optimist

My beloved husband is an optimist. So much so that it annoys the crap out of me. Nothing ever gets him down. EVER. There's always a bright side. My life motto is pretty much- "it can't be as bad as I think it is as long as Daniel isn't worried."

People, Daniel is worried.  His job, which he really likes, has been incredibly draining lately, and this is all on top of him being paid significantly less than he used to be paid there, because of some salary cuts (hopefully temporary ones, but we don't know). He wants his company to do well and is pouring his life into it, but the challenges just seem to be never-ending. And then there's the vacancy at our rental property plus the crazy, mind-numbingly huge check that we're writing for repairs to the septic system there. Again.

So, it's apparently my turn to step up and be the optimist. To remind him that God knows what we're going through and that this is just a season. That we're still okay in the big picture and that this is just a low point for us and that things WILL get better. I think it's good for us- even the strong person in a marriage needs a break sometimes and a chance to be tired and discouraged for a while.

In other news, Ethan's meeting with the physical therapist on Thursday- they told me to bring him hungry but not starving, and with a food that he likes to eat and one that he doesn't want normally want to eat.  I'm baffled by the idea of a food that he likes to eat- I'm not sure there are any, really! And for foods we want him to eat, that would be anything. Today he had 2 nutritional drinks and a few bites of applesauce. Total of 600 something calories- far short of the 1100/day goal set by the GI doctors.  It's going to be an interesting adventure.

BUT- in other good news, I get to meet Ashley and her kids tomorrow! I'm so excited, I love (and am totally scared of) meeting my blog friends! It's going to be fun!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I had lots of fun meeting up with you today!!! We'll have to do it again next Wednesday!