Monday, February 1, 2010

Lots of interesting information in this post. Really! :)

1. First off, look who's 8 months old!




2.  Ethan woke up 2 hours early this morning, begging to watch a DVD. We are going to have to cut back on our electronic time, I think. He doesn't watch that much TV/DVDs, but it has been increasing lately, and I need to get it back under control again.

3. Speaking of getting things back under control, I signed up for Weight Watchers today. I've done it before (back about 5 years ago) and lost 30 pounds. Of course that was pre-kids, and when I was in my 20s, so hopefully I'll still be able to do it.  It's definitely time to do something though.  And no, I'm not going to post my weight here so that you can track my progress. I know some of you in real life and you do not need to know how much I weigh.  I'd love to get at least halfway to my goal by the end of May, since that's when we're having family pictures.  Other than that, the overall goal is to be back to my wedding weight, give or take 5 pounds by next February when we celebrate our 5th anniversary. I know that's a while off, but I figure that is a good goal since I need to focus on weight loss and maintenance, so a longer goal will hopefully give me some time to work on that.

4.  Oh, and this is the exciting part of the post. God is so good- even in the little things! You all know how much I've been whining about wanting a nicer coffeemaker, but since I had a perfectly functional one, I couldn't justify buying one when we're trying to watch our money. Then we went shopping last night and found a $200 coffeemaker on the clearance shelf- for $11 :)  There's some cosmetic damage to the side, but it works well and makes fabulous coffee! 



If you live nearby, come over and have coffee with me!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday! 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good heavens, how do you ever decide what to do first? Smooch those chubby cheeks or tickle those adorable little toes??? Your kids are so ridiculously cute. It really is unfair to other people. ;)

SWEEEEET coffeemaker.

Andrea said...

GAH!!! Viv is cute!

I wish I lived closer, I'd be over for coffee...We're out of milk and creamer so I went with hot tea this morning. I'm CRAVING a good cup of coffee right about now!

I guess it's "good buy" weekend. We found a little round glass cafe table with 2 chairs for $45...on craigslist, but it's in pristine condition. I was stoked..ha ha

Ashley said...

She really is too cute for words! I love her kitty t-shirt too! And good luck with your weight loss! I'm doing that myself right now too. :P