Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a nice weekend!

We had an unexpectedly nice, non-rainy Saturday here in Seattle, followed by an equally nice Sunday. Nice weather plus time with my kids and husband pretty much equals total happiness in my life. Saturday I ran errands and got my haircut and sold our playpen fence-thingy on Craigslist. Then we went to Bellevue for dinner, where I had Russian food, which brought back lots of great memories of my life in Ukraine. Living in the former Soviet Union was a pain in the butt most of the time, but almost 10 years later, I do remember it fondly and miss it still.

Then today we got up way too late and rushed around getting ready for church, but we made it more or less on time and had a nice time worshiping and hearing a good sermon and seeing friends. Then we went and walked around Green Lake, along with 90% of the rest of the population of Seattle. If the weather is good, we're all at Green Lake.

I was reading an article in one of my magazines last night, and it was talking about single people being freaked out by all the stress of married people who have small kids.  The article said that the single people get scared by the stress, but never ask the married people if it's all worth it, and if asked, the married people are still glad to be married. I so totally agree with that! This weekend I found one of my old journals, in which I was talking about being single and listening to married women complain about their husbands. I've been married a little less than 4 years now, and we have two small kids, and yes, it's very tough at times. But I'm going through it all with my best friend, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Just getting to be with Daniel all weekend made things great, even more than having nice sunny weather.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: