Sunday, January 17, 2010

We're on the other side of the country!

Vivian and I made it here just fine yesterday, as did my suitcase! Success!  We had to RUN through the Atlanta airport and were among the last people to board the small plane, but we made it. Hopefully we'll not be delayed going back, since we have an even shorter layover. But I'm not going to worry about that too much until Wednesday morning.  Vivian did really well on the flights. She slept for the first 2.5 hours, then played for an hour. And then screamed at the top of her lungs for about 20 minutes from sheer exhaustion and tiredness with sitting on Mommy's lap and not being able to wiggle. And then fortunately she slept again for the last 30 minutes of the first flight and all of the second one. Everyone was very nice about the screaming though and had nice, reassuring things to say to me as they walked past me on the way off the airplane (I was waiting for the stroller, so got to see everyone as they filed off). 

And Vivian had a great time being shown off at church today. I was laughing at myself and how out of practice I've gotten at being the pastor's daughter. I've totally forgotten the art of small talk. And it's always weird to visit a church that I've never attended and have them know all about me and my husband and my kids, especially when there's not a single person in the church whose name I know.

Now we're waiting for my brother and his wife to show up for a visit- they'll be here until tomorrow at lunch sometime.

So far Ethan and Daniel seem to be doing well at home too. It was strange last night to be talking to them on Skype and see my mother-in-law making dinner in my kitchen.  I'm not used to having other women doing things around my house! My in-laws will be on their own with Ethan during the day for the next two days while Daniel works, so I'm hoping Ethan won't wear them out too much. He has a lot of energy!

Anyway, that'll all the scoop from here. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Glad you made it safely! Have a wonderful visit.