Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday stuff

I'm home! And back to the laundry and the cranky toddler. It's actually nice though, I missed my little life.

Flights went amazingly well today- we got in 30 minutes early to Atlanta, so I had time to get coffee and change Vivian's diaper. Then our flight to Seattle was an hour early! and by the time I made my way through the back hallways where the elevators are located, Ethan and Daniel had my suitcase and were ready to meet us with hugs. Then we came home, unpacked and had a nice sushi lunch.

The only bad thing about the day, other than saying goodbye to my parents, of course, is that I think we're going to have to find another doctor for my kids.  I emailed their doctor yesterday with a question about Vivian's eczema, since it's been getting worse, and one round of 1% hydrocortisone and a bunch of other lotions did nothing. She wrote back suggesting that I try using 1% hydrocortisone instead of 0.5% and try using other lotions as well. BLANK STARE. Yes, she suggested doing exactly what I had carefully spelled out for her that I was already doing. So she apparently read nothing of the email that I had sent. Which annoys and scares me, since this is supposedly the main form of communication with our doctor's office. Time to move on, me thinks.  Unfortunately, she's also my doctor and Daniel's doctor, and I really hate to switch my own medical care again, since I do have the ongoing blood pressure issue to deal with.

I'm not going to let that ruin my afternoon though. It was nice weather when we arrived and now we're just hanging out, trying to keep me awake until something closer to evening time. Not sure it's going to happen though.

Thanks for all the prayers for safe travel, I SO appreciate it!

3 comments:

maggie said...

Glad everything went well! We were thinking of you.

And I LURRRRVE my pediatrician (and she's Lucy's ped too!), LOVE LOVE LOVE. I will email you.

Karen said...

Glad you're home and had a great trip! Yay Vivian!

We've got eczema issues in our house too, Aquaphor does wonders if you haven't tried it already.

kirida said...

Most doctors don't take it personally, especially since you're just looking out for the wellness of your child, you should find a doctor who really hears you and you feel reassured by their advice and care.

If you go to Children's, you could look into Wendy Swan. I just did an interview with her, soon to be posted on Seattle Mom Blogs and I was BLOWN AWAY with how awesome she was over the phone. Plus! She's a blogger! http://www.seattlechildrens.org/seattle-mama-doc/