Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thoughts for a Wednesday morning

As I've discussed here, ad nauseum, Vivian and I were back East last week visiting my parents. When we got back, I was pretty tired from the lack of sleep, thanks to the early flights, so kind of sleepwalked through a few days. Then Vivian got sick and then I got sick. So it's been a while since I've really been paying attention to things at home. And oh my goodness, the dirt! Daniel and I are both huge neat freaks, but that does not always extend to cleaning up actual dirt. Especially off places like the floor (yes the one Vivian is rolling around on) or dusting.  Everything is tidy and organized and put away, and things like dishes are clean, and the bathrooms are clean (we're not totally uncivilized), but there's enough cat hair on the floor to make an entire third cat.  So I need to vacuum right away. As soon as I get another surge of energy.

My mother-in-law did not potty train Ethan. I don't think she even tried, really. Because she got here and realized that he is NOT ready to be potty trained.  I really need to start working on that though. I haven't got beyond purchasing the potty. Any tips?

Vivian's been on a nursing strike for the last few days. Probably because she was sick and is teething. She did nurse this morning, so I'm hoping she's done with that. I don't have time to be pumping 4-5 times per day. Yesterday I had moved Vivian into our bedroom in her exersaucer so I could keep an eye on her while I pumped, and then Ethan decided to come hang out with us as well.  Nothing like having an audience :)

Other than all that, the main news is that I'm working really hard to spend less time on the computer and more time playing with my kids (not right this moment, obviously).  Playing with toys is not my strong point, I just don't have the attention span. But I'm trying to improve on that- I don't want my kids to remember me only as that woman in front of the laptop.

So, on that note, signing off for now. Hope you're all having a great week so far. We're halfway through!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Jetlagged and sick. Bad combination. Hope you're both feeling better.

And the potty training? Stop trying for a few months and then test the waters again. He's still pretty little.

kirida said...

My daycare provider had a good tip about potty training, in that, don't buy a potty chair because you won't be able to use a potty chair in the mall. Nathan never took to the chairs anyway.