Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The problem with being a review blogger in January

Do you know the main challenge with being a review blogger in January?  All the reviews that are currently piled up on my to-do list are related to getting in shape. I know, this should be a good thing, since I am woefully out of shape and have 30+ pounds of baby weight to lose.  But I'm not feeling particularly motivated, thanks to the post-holiday blahs and the crappy weather we're having here.

So now I'm feeling guilty about being chubby and about not getting the reviews done for the Wii game, the DVD series or either of the two books that I have to review, and review soon!  I really need to get in gear and get something tried out soon.

I have to say, I'm glad we had the time away and the time with family between Christmas and New Years, but it's so nice to be back home, particularly to our eating habits.  I snack too much during the day, so that's where my weight issue comes in, but we generally eat healthy meals, and that wasn't the fact while we were traveling. We went from super high sodium Chinese food in Canada to lots (and I mean) LOTS of sweets at my grandmother's house. Then we were eating out at restaurants and at IKEA while we were in Portland... by the end of the week our stomachs were just utterly confused.  I'm feeling so much better now that we're back to our usual meals and I'm drinking all my water again. Amazing what a difference these things make!

Hope you're all feeling well and having a great Tuesday!  If you remember, send me a comment and tell me to go exercise. Maybe that'll help...

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I'm freshly showered from a 5k in the COLD and DRIZZLE. You should totally pop a DVD in the player or a game on the Wii. ;)

Simply Being Mommy said...

You know, I don't have not one weight loss thing to review. I didn't want to set myself up for failure LOL!