Monday, January 4, 2010

Focusing on truth

I wrote a whiny, complaining, self-centered post earlier this morning (I know, you're thinking, when do you not write posts like that! :) But this one was particularly bad as I was feeling sorry for myself about something. I think those of you who read in a reader will still be subjected to it. I apologize for that.

I have let myself get caught up in a lot of superficial things lately. Focusing more on the things that I think I "need" and not focusing on the things that I have been richly blessed with.  The little disappointments are getting more attention from me than the wonderous things that my life is filled with.

So, another New Year's resolution for me is going to be to try to focus more on what I know to be truth. The truth is that God is in control, He knows the challenges my family is facing. And even in those challenges and disappointments, He has given us more than I could have ever imagined. He has NEVER let me down in the past and never will in the future.  Yes, I might have to be a little patient, but since I'm almost 33, I need to stop acting like my 2-year-old and exhibit some self-control and just wait and trust. I know He is working in our lives and hopefully 2010 will be the year that we understand what He's been up to lately.

May your lives be full of truth- especially the truth that God loves you.


" I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart ! I have overcome the world ! " John 16:33

" Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Heb.11:1

No comments: