Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thoughts on 2009

I'm writing this year-end post on Daniel's microscopic computer, and I've already had a glass of champagne, so please ignore spelling/grammar errors.  We're still in Portland- very, very tired and done with traveling.  Hopefully tomorrow's drive home will be uneventful.  We almost went home today, after I had a little "I hate crowds freakout" at the local science museum, but we stuck it out and are here still.  Thoughts on my crowd-phobia and other people and my latent, but gigantic people-pleasing instinct to come later when I have a real keyboard.

Anyway- 2009. Wow. Not a bad year. Just tough.I was on bedrest for months, and scared about Vivian's prenatal growth and honestly not sure if she was going to make it at times.  Then adjusting to life to two under 2.  And trying to figure out who I am now that I'm not a successful professional and trying to find my place in this new life as a stay-at-home mom.

But I have been so blessed. Daniel has continued to be patient and kind and forgiving and the kids are healthy and cute and so funny. And God has taken care of us and blessed us in so many ways.

Still, I'm ready for a new year! So here's to fresh starts and new years.  Happy 2010!

No comments: