Thursday, December 3, 2009

Slaves to the growth chart

The appointment today to check Ethan's weight went pretty well. He's weighing in at just under 25 pounds. At 28 months old. I know, he's tiny.  But, the little dot of the graph for today was above the dot for the last time he weighed in, and that's what we're most concerned about.  The doctor has asked me to keep tracking Ethan's food for the next week, but also has asked that Daniel and I not push food for a week and just offer it a few time per day instead. The hope is that he will eventually get hungry and start managing his own food intake.

I know toddlers are notoriously bad eaters and that they have days when they don't eat much and others when they eat a lot.  Ethan rarely has the days of eating a lot under his own volition, hence our ongoing stress. But we're going to not worry about that for a week.

I whine about this being stressful, but in reality, I shouldn't. This is just our challenge to deal with. And in the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty minor issue.  He's not sick or hurt in any way, he's just little and doesn't like things in his mouth.  Including food.

So that's all from me for this morning. Have a great Thursday!

No comments: