Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Catching up, again

I'm so lost as to what day it is- I alternate between being pleasantly surprised that it's already Tuesday and a little panicked that it's already Tuesday and I'm further behind on things than I thought I was :)

We had a nice weekend at Great Wolf Lodge.  I reviewed it over on the review blog- go here if you're interested. I didn't get to spend as much time with the other bloggers as I would have liked, since we left our computer at home and I missed all the "let's meet up" emails. But Daniel and I had a nice evening just hanging out and finally started watching the childrearing DVDs that we've had sitting on our shelf all month.

The funniest part of the weekend was definitely Saturday night when I went to change Vivian's diapers and, after looking all through the bag... realized I hadn't brought any for her. And that I had only one left in the diaper bag. And none in the car. I had packed diapers for Ethan, but then got distracted, as so often happens in my life, and never got around to packing any diapers for Vivian. So we had to head to town and buy some diapers for her before returning to playing at the lodge.

Ethan had his first dental appointment yesterday, so Daniel took half of a day sick leave and half vacation time and we went to do holiday stuff downtown after the dentist. The appointment went well and Ethan didn't bite the dentist, so we were all happy.  We ended up using some Space Needle coupons that I had found at Starbucks and going up to the top of the Space Needle, which Ethan loved, since he's totally obsessed with it.  Then we took the monorail to downtown and did our traditional holiday events. Took lots of pictures. It was such a nice day. Really really cold, but nice and sunny and fun to spend more family time together.

So now it's back to regular life.  I'm still trying to sort through a lot of things in my life and am trying to keep on track with praying and figuring out where God is leading me in several areas. I feel a lot like I'm being asked to let go of some things. And I don't want to, so I'm afraid I've been less cooperative in those areas than I should be.  I even spent Sunday evening crying and whining about it. I'm sure I sounded to God just like Ethan does to me.  Thankfully God is more patient with me than I am with my kids. Daniel said that he feels that God is trying to prepare me and my life for Vivian, since she's 6 months old now and will soon be mobile and verbal and all those things. I asked Daniel to please shut up and not say such things, but after further reflection, I realized that he's probably right. Darn it.

Anyway, regardless of where God is leading me in some areas of my life, I should be letting myself led to stop blogging and go vacuum right now.  :)  Pictures of my weekend attached below for your viewing pleasure.






















 

No comments: