Friday, November 13, 2009

What I should be doing. And what I am actually doing instead.

It's Friday at noon. There are many things that I should be doing right now. Cleaning the house, unloading the dishwasher, playing with Ethan.

Instead I am sitting around and am getting all choked up because tonight (hopefully) we're selling Vivian's beloved swing. She doesn't really use it anymore, and it's large, and our living room is not, so it's time for it to go. And we could use the money with the holidays coming up and all.

But it's making me sad, because Vivian is my last baby and she is growing up SO fast.  Seems like she's increased in size and mental capacity every time she wakes up from a nap.  It's so hard to wrap my brain around. Just look at these pictures from June and from November of her in her swing. She's not my tiny baby anymore!


 
But I'm trying not to think about that.  Instead, I'm focusing on making plans for our three-day weekend! So many possibilities of what to do. None of which are going to include work for Daniel or for me, so hopefully it'll be nice and relaxing. 

In other news, yesterday's outing to the SoZo play center totally rocked. This is my new favorite place in Seattle, and Daniel is going to just have to share the car on Thursdays so I can go!  I wrote a review of it over on Trekaroo.  Seattle moms, you must check this place out. Which reminds me- Seattle moms- if anyone is interested in doing an outing with me next month to check out the gingerbread houses at the Sheraton and the Teddy Bear Suite at the Fairmont, please let me know. We can ride the monorail and get holiday drinks from Starbucks- it's always a wonderful outing and something I look forward to every year, and I'd love to have company!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Isn't SoZo the best? You shouldn't have publicized it - it could just be OUR SoZo. ;) I want to go out with you and do holiday things! So let me know, k?

Ashley said...

I have never been to those places, and I would love to go with you! Do you know when they open them? We are leaving for San Diego on December 12'th, so it would have to be sooner than that. But send me an email about a day that would work if they're open that soon, I'd love to go with you! We STILL need to meet in person!