Monday, November 2, 2009

The weekend recap

Busy busy weekend! I'm sure it was for all you as well. And can you believe that it's November?

Saturday we ran errands and did stuff around the house, then headed out for a local mall for trick-or-treating. Ethan was utterly confused by the whole thing- why did people keep calling him "Bob" and putting something in his bag? Ethan doesn't actually eat candy (we don't have hard candy in the house, and I don't share the chocolate!), so he didn't recognize it.  :)  Vivian did not want to ride in the stroller, so Daniel and I took turns carrying her while trying to keep the top of her costume off of her face and the feet from her costume in place on her feet! But they both looked very cute and we had a good time.





Later on Saturday night we gave in to Vivian's demands and fed her rice cereal for the first time. She's a big fan!
 


Yesterday we had church, then drove an hour and a half south to the rental property so that Daniel could talk to the guy that just put in the new septic tank. I'm hoping we're done with that for while.  We also had some wonderful Korean food, which has not gone over so well with Vivian today. Whoops! No more spicy food for me.  And we stopped by Walmart, where I felt the same way I did when I first returned to the US after living overseas. There was just so much variety of everything! Our grocery stores close by are nice, and pretty well-stocked, but NOTHING like the variety at Super Walmart. It was a bit overwhelming.

On the shopping note, I have made a decision that I'm going to take a month off of buying anything that we don't really need. That means only the food that we are going to eat that week and only things that we are actually out of.  Our closets and cupboards are getting out of control, and we never use half of the things that I buy and stock up on when they're on sale.  If we had more space for better seeing the things we have extras of, it would be different, but we don't, so things get stashed wherever they fit, and then forgotten about.

And I'm also doing a weight loss challenge thing this month. My numbers this morning were truly terrifying, so hopefully I'll be able to stick with it. Of course, I'm starting this on a day when the sun is shining, and I tend to eat more when it's dark and rainy, so I don't know how it'll turn out. Hopefully I'll be able to get myself in gear a bit.

So that's all our excitement. Back to folding all the laundry now. It's definitely Monday! 

2 comments:

brandon and jakell said...

love the pengin costume..how adorable is that!!! Sounds like you had a great day!

Attila & Tamara said...

Your kids are so cute! I LOVE the costumes!