Saturday, November 28, 2009

This is how you tell that I'm really sick

Okay, so I was sick with a weird little cold last week, but then was feeling better by the end of this week. And feeling fine this morning, so I went to donate blood. When I checked in, I had a little fever, but nothing remarkable, just kind of high for me, since I tend to have a low body temperature. Then I started giving blood and started feeling a little off. But I made it through the donation in my usual record time and didn't feel too badly afterwards, so I went ahead and ran a few errands.

By the time I got home, I was feeling extremely yucky, but I chalked it up to the blood donation, so we went ahead and went to a friends' birthday party.  And people, here's where the shocker comes in.  They offered me a gigantic piece of white cake with some sort of sugary frosting and sugary decorations (pretty much my dream food) AND I SAID NO.  Daniel saw this and realized that I was seriously not well and packed us all up to come back home.

I've hardly moved off the couch since we got home. Catching up on my online TV shows, generally ignoring my children. Thank goodness for Daniel!  I'm still just feeling really off, but now am running a high temp and my stomach is a little upset... so I think tomorrow will be another day on the couch. And no, I didn't get sick on purpose to get out of helping out in the toddler class tomorrow. There's no way any fake illness of mine would ever include passing up cake.  Seriously.

So that's all from me. I hope you're all having a great weekend.  Everyone done with their Christmas shopping yet? We haven't even started making a list for anyone except each other.  Slackers, I know! Have a great Sunday, everyone.

5 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Yep, you're sick. I know you are like me and we are serious about our cake!! Hope you feel better soon! I have some sick junk too. Us Mom's should be immune to all sickness.

Andrea said...

Carrie-
What a bummer...My toddler starting barfing EVERYWHERE tonight at 11, and I just finished the second round of clean up and bath. I DON"T DO VOMIT. Thankfully, my husband is sweet and has been helping. I think I am having some sympathy sickness since I feel nauseous now too. :-/

I hope you feel better soon.

angelj said...

.............................................

Mother of Style said...

Get well soon, Carrie :)

Lizzie said...

Oh no! Feel better! (Did you at least take a piece of cake to go for when you're better? If not, you must go get some to make up for it.)