Thursday, November 5, 2009

So our power just went out for an hour

AND I ABOUT LOST MY MIND!!!

Okay, perhaps I am a little more addicted to technology than I realized.  The power went out right after Daniel got home and dinner was done, and the living room was clean, so that was all good. But then we sat down to eat and all I could think about was that I had blog posts to write and photos to upload and things to do online! And when the clock started ticking onward, I started realizing that I was going to miss Thursday night TV!

So I folded laundry and tried to enjoy the quiet, and then I cracked and had to pull out my ipod and listen to podcasts. And just when I was starting to worry about the massive amount of breastmilk frozen in my freezer and what would happen if the power didn't come back on, it did come back. And I was happy.

I am just not cut out for life without electricity.

*Edited to add- according to the news, while I was worrying about missing my Thursday night TV shows, the wind gusts that knocked out my power knocked over a tree that hit and killed a 40-year-old man while he walked with his wife and dog in a park a few miles north of here. Please pray for them. 

2 comments:

Shop with Me Mama said...

Hate it when that happens!

Ashley said...

That would have driven me crazy too! We lost power the other night, only for a few seconds luckily! I thought it was going to be out for awhile!