Thursday, November 12, 2009

Slightly fewer exclamation points today- but still more than are called for, really.

THE SUN IS OUT AGAIN!!!

Seriously, winter here used to be a minor nuisance, but now that I have two small kids and do most of my outings on foot, it's a little more extreme. It was just so nice to be able to take a walk yesterday and then to have sun streaming in the window all day.  And today is lovely again.  And I'm heading out shortly to play with friends, so that's even more fun.

Before I forget- if you can be praying for my dad, I'd appreciate it. He's having back surgery tomorrow- and today he has to be off his pain meds in preparation, and he has to perform a funeral and do a bunch of other stuff to get his church ready for him being out for a few weeks. All without medication, and he can hardly move and function WITH the medication, so I imagine today will be tough. And then surgery tomorrow and several weeks of recovery. You might want to pray for my mom with that part of it- Dad's not one to do sickness/recovery very well or behave as instructed by doctors. It should be interesting.

Daniel and I are trying to figure out what to do with our three-day weekend.  I got an email from work today asking if I could do some stuff early next week, and I said that it would have to wait until Tuesday.  It's hard for me to say no to work, but I really need to do so. It's not fair to me or my coworkers if I accept more work than I can reasonably do well, given my time and small people underfoot all day constraints.  Time management and getting everything done is definitely still a moving target for me.

But I'm not going to worry about that this weekend- we're going to have family time! If Daniel and I can both stay away from the computer, it will be NOTHING short of a miracle.  I am seriously contemplating taking the computer to someone's house and asking them to not give it back to us until Monday night. But then we'd just stay up all night Monday night catching up on things :)

No comments: