Monday, November 23, 2009

Pardon me, I think my insecurities are showing

I have just realized that the last several blog posts have been overly full of comments like "they all thought I was crazy" or "I'm the worst daughter-in-law of all times".  Can you tell that I'm a little off kilter lately? And by lately I pretty much mean since I found out I was pregnant with Ethan three years ago...

Things have been bad in the self-esteem/self-identity department lately, especially given all the extra weight I'm still lugging around and given the impending end of my income generating days.

You know what though? I have a million and one reasons to feel bad about myself, but I am losing sight of the important thing in life- I'm a daughter of God, saved through the blood of Christ, and I am loved.  I need to stop looking at myself through the dirty, cloudy glasses that I have been wearing, and need to focus on what God sees and who I am in Him. 

Psalm 139:14 (New International Version)


 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

No comments: