Thursday, November 5, 2009

As I predicted, I'm fine today

Winter- it has returned to Seattle.  The rain came back last night and now it's coming down pretty hard outside. Which in some ways is a little bit of a relief. I always feel so much pressure to DO STUFF! and ENJOY THE SUNSHINE! whenever we have a brief period of good weather here. It interferes with me being lazy and unmotivated and that just doesn't work for me. :)

Can I just say again how much I have been encouraged by the daily emails from the Proverbs 31 Woman website? I have been so blessed by so many of the daily devotions and how they speak exactly to what I need for that day. 

Anyway, so now it's winter and raining and I'm all stocked up on things from the grocery store, so we probably wont go out today. Or tomorrow. I'm going to spend my time irritating my family by cleaning closets and repeatedly saying "now, WHY do we need to keep this?"  Why my husband needs to keep sweaters from the 1980s I do not know. Definitely one of the downfalls of being married to someone 10 years older than myself, he has 10 more years of "stuff" that he's accumulated. 

And on another note, one of the great mysteries in my life is why PBS is always playing the episode of "Dinosaur Train" with the song "Every Dinosaur Poops".  It's on at least once a week and then the song gets stuck in my head and I spend all day humming "when a dino's gotta go, a dino's gotta go..." Ah, the life of a mother. 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the rain so much! It's so cozy and nice to stay inside and just be warm while the rain pours down outside. It's weird, but I love the rain!

GranolaMom4God said...

You totally made me laugh. I have always wanted to move to Seattle after visiting there 5 years ago. .. .but it was very sunny the time we visit. Yea, those PBS shows .. .it is like they don't have a lot of them, so repeats happen quite frequently. I'll have to check out the Proverbs 31 website you were talking about.