Friday, October 9, 2009

Would someone please direct me to the desk where I can turn in my resignation?

I am going to consider it a major accomplishment if I make it through this week without drinking before noon.  Ethan's in his crib right now, throwing temper tantrum 1,562,345 for the day.  We just got back from our Tot Bop class. Which we had to resign from because he, once again, screamed the whole way there, the whole way in, while we were waiting for class to start and when the teacher was trying to make them do something like walk in a circle. Apparently walking in a circle offends him. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I packed them up and left and we withdrew from the class, even though it's too late to get any money back. It's just not worth it, since Vivian is missing her morning nap for Ethan to have this scream fest in public and we're ruining the class for everyone else.

Then I called Daniel and sobbed over the speaker phone the entire way home. 

I know Ethan is 2 and he's teething and all that, but the constant battles are about to push me over the edge. And Daniel's been working late so it's just been me every day, all day until about 10 minutes before bedtime.  Oh and I have an entire OTHER CHILD to deal with. I feel like she's getting the short end of the stick for sure these days.

It's just so draining. From the moment he gets up in the morning, he's whining and throwing fits about something. He wants milk, he doesn't want milk. He wants a cracker but not any of the 14 choices I offer him. He asks to watch "Why" then throws a fit when I turn the TV to that channel. And that's all by 9 AM.  Then we battle all day about food. I know, he's a toddler and they don't like to eat, but he's also in the 2nd percentile for height and weight and we can't afford for him to not eat all the time.  When he does stop throwing fits enough to play, he just destroys things. He opens his books and rips out all the pages. He throws his cars at the baby or the cats. He smashes everything in sight.

I am so worn out.  And the thing is that he's all sweet and cute when we're out and around other people and I know they all think I'm crazy. Or they just think it's fun to be around a boy with so much energy, but they don't have to spend all day dealing with this.  I just don't know if I'm going to make it through the terrible twos. I don't have the energy left. I have never cried as much in my life as I have lately, just in sheer frustration and exhaustion.

At least it's Friday, right?  

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds familiar, painfully familiar. I have no wise words, only sympathy and understanding.

Lindsay said...

Awww. So sorry to hear. By my calculations, it is indeed Friday. Stay strong!

Lizzie said...

Boats - it seems we are in similar ones. This too shall pass. (RIGHT?!?!)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

hang in there Carrie! :) Talk to me anytime on fb if you need to! :)

maggie said...

Oh Carrie. I know. I KNOW. IknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknow.