Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday morning

We had plans to go out as a family this morning- plans that involved walking over and checking out the newest cupcake place in Seattle, one that is conveniently (inconveniently?) located within walking distance of our condo. Long walking distance, but still. Then Miss Vivian decided to stay up all night last night coughing and sneezing, so I didn't feel like taking her out in below 50 degree weather was a good plan. So Daniel and Ethan went off to the bank and the museum alone, leaving me home with Vivian and the laundry. It's kind of weird to be home without Ethan. I can actually tidy things up without him following behind me and tossing everything back on the floor! Weird!

Daniel and I are off on a date night tonight. Which I think is the real reason Vivian was up all night. Our kids have this sixth sense for when Mommy and Daddy have plans for a date or when a big trip of some sort is planned. And one of them ALWAYS gets sick the night before. We haven't had a date in years during which we haven't been on the verge of falling asleep. The glamorous life of parents of little ones, huh? :)

But last night we had a fun outing- we went and picked up Daniel at work, then went out to dinner (using one of our restaurant.com gift certificates- check out my post on my review blog for a complete rundown of the restaurant.com gift certificate experience).  Had a great dinner and then went to play at the play area of the local mall. So everyone had a fun evening.

Anyway, I should stop blogging and use my free time wisely. Hope you all have a good weekend!


No comments: