Thursday, October 22, 2009

My husband is randomly watching the Home Shopping Channel

And the letter "g" is barely working on our computer. I have to stop and slam the button down to get it to work. Weird. Perhaps I should stop eating while typing on the computer...

Mom and Dad arrived safely yesterday afternoon. They haven't seen the kids since June so were SO excited to see them. And my kids randomly decided to both be napping when they arrived. Yes, these are the kids who rarely ever nap at all, much less at the same time. We ended up waking up Vivian while standing over her and staring at her cuteness, so the grandparents were slightly appeased.  Ethan woke up about 30 minutes later. He came out, saw my parents, realized who they were, gave them hugs and then ran to the drawer to get a book and brought it over for them to read him.  Thank you Skype!  Thanks to the wonders of the webcam and Skype, Ethan talks to my parents every week on the computer and Mom usually reads him books, so he not only recognizes my parents, he knows that they are FUN PEOPLE!! It's so cute!

Today Mom and Vivian and I went downtown so that I could have part 2 (of about 45) of my whole tooth removal/implant saga. Things look good, and it's all systems go for the implant stage of things, except for the minor detail that I have already maxed out my dental insurance for the year. So I'm going to continue to run around sans molar for a while and will have the next part of the surgery in January.

Then we headed to the International District to have tea at the teahouse at the Panama Hotel. This hotel featured heavily in the story of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, which Mom and I both recently read and loved. And we are seriously picky book people. I read 4-5 books per week and don't actually hardly own any, because I hate rereading most books. But I'm getting this one. Go read it if you have any interest in a good story or Seattle history or Asian history.

And we got to make an emergency run to Trader Joe's when I got dinner halfway made and then realized I was lacking the main ingredient. Fun!

We're having a great time- Ethan is wearing his grandparents out, but they're tired with a smile on their faces.  And Vivian is having great fun flirting with her grandparents and doing lots of smiling and laughing.  It's such a blessing to see so much happiness from all of them.

 

3 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Carrie, she is just a cutie patootie! When do you have time to read 4-5 books a week!!! :) I used to read that easy before Audrey. Now I have been on the same book for a month.

Lizzie said...

Everybody's happy! Hooray! That book is on my hold list at the library. I can't wait.

momof3munchkins said...

What a cute baby! LOVE her hair! Have fun with your parents visiting!