Saturday, October 24, 2009

My free day

Okay, I'd just like to say that I am truly sad and pathetic- having a free day today sent me into a total state of confusion and stress. I have 36 free hours. WHAT TO DO?

Daniel and I got up at 4:30 this morning and got ready. My parents showed up (they stay at my uncle's house since we don't have enough space) to watch the kids while I took Daniel to the airport. When I got back Ethan was in his bed whining, since his sippy cup (he sleeps with one sometimes) had leaked on him and he was all wet. So we got him dressed and loaded up in the car and he and my parents were on their way to Portland by a little after 7 AM. So it was just me and Vivian. I managed to get a bunch of reviews done before Vivian woke up, thank goodness, since I was way behind on things for the review blog.

Then after she napped, I loaded Vivian and I up in the car and went shopping. We struck out at the clothes store and Target, but wasted a bunch of money at Cost Plus World Market. LOVE that store. Then we went to Safeway and rented movies. Then home for another nap for her while I did laundry and vacuumed. We've watched last week's Glee and Monk and two episodes of Pushing Daisies (the second season) and the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic and now half of The Proposal. I feel like a total lump. I have eaten Taco Bell and sushi from SushiLand and my sodium intake for the day is probably what it should be for the year... and I'm going out again in the morning! 

I just find it so amusing how totally easy it is to just have the baby around. Especially since I remember clearly being all freaked out when Ethan was this age and not wanting Daniel to be gone for two nights. How would I handle a baby for two nights? Now the baby seems like nothing! She has just hung out and/or slept all day. Once you've spent any sort of time with a two-year-old, a baby will always seem really easy to deal with! 

Ethan and my parents come back tomorrow late afternoon, so I will be on my own with both kids tomorrow night, but my parents will be around for a lot of it. And then Daniel will come back Monday afternoon. So far it sounds like he's having fun in Denver, so I'm really glad he went. We all genuinely like being together, but absence definitely does make the heart grow fonder!

1 comment:

lis said...

Isn't it amazing how just one baby is? :-) I felt that way over the summer when I had just Charlotte and G was at daycare! Lovely! Hope you enjoyed your downtime! I am not on E much so I'm going to add your blog to my blog reader to stay in touch!!