Sunday, October 25, 2009

I let him go out of town alone for one weekend

Sigh. And he loses his wedding ring.  :(

Daniel is in Denver this weekend with one of his best friends. The friend has an 8-year-old daughter and they were out flying a kite with her this afternoon when Daniel's wedding ring fell off. He said he felt it slip, but no matter how much searching they all did, they had no luck finding it. Given that he can't find things in the fridge after I tell him exactly where they're located, I'm not surprised.

When he called to tell me, I had to try really hard not to be upset. It's not his fault that he's lost so much weight lately and that the ring is loose. It's more my fault for stressing him out so much that he doesn't eat enough!  And I really don't want him to obsess about it and have this ruin his fun weekend away.

But I'm still sad.  We can get him a new wedding ring, but it wont be the one I gave him at our actual wedding.

Oh, and tonight his friend's daughter is staying at her grandparents, so Daniel and his friend are going out to a bar to hang out and play pool. Good thing I trust him, given that he is now sans wedding ring. 

Anyway, my free weekend is almost over- Ethan and my parents will be back in about an hour from their trip and things will get busy and the house will get messy again. But that's okay- it's been a nice break, but I'm ready for my Ethan to get home again.

3 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

WELL. If I lived closer I would have y'all over for dinner and feed your husband! :) Hope you had a good day! :)

Hobo Mama said...

Oh, sad! Sometimes I wish I'd gotten a thicker wedding band for myself, but I never want to replace it because, as you said, it wouldn't be the same one from the wedding.

My husband's just the same at not finding things right in front of his face! He laughs at himself that when he was a kid he wanted to be a detective. Clearly not a wise career choice for the unobservant.

Priscila said...

I just found your blog and love it! You have such a talent for writing!!! You should write a book :) Ive really enjoyed my time here!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila