Thursday, October 29, 2009

Conflicted

I'm feeling really conflicted right now about the whole review blogging thing. The problem is- I like it a lot. It gives me that all important something-concrete-to-do in my day, while also being flexible time-wise and a lot of fun in regards to getting to try out new things.  It's brought me WAY more enjoyment than my time spent on my actual job.  Because toxic substances are just not as entertaining as baby gear.

But then there's the fact that I'm new at this, so to get products to review I have to send out lots of emails begging for products and I get messages back that say things like "we're sorry, you don't have enough readers or a high enough page rank (it's a new blog- it doesn't have a page rank) and I feel about 1 inch tall and I'm then sad all day. Because someone said no to me reviewing something that I could buy for $5. I have serious self-esteem issues, can you tell?

But again, I really really like blogging and I really really like review blogging, and I enjoy writing in general.  I like putting my opinions out there for the world to read (or not read, I realize that).

Argh.

And today I bought my domain address for the review blog and neither I nor my web developer husband can figure out how to make my blogspot stuff go to the new address. Annoying. 

And the newest offer on the property we've been trying to sell fell through. Which is okay, because we're not planning on moving anymore anyway, but still. Oh, and our septic tank has a major issue and we just signed a $6,000 check to install a new system. On top of the $3,000 we put into it on our anniversary. And we get to drive 1.5 hours each way on Sunday to check on the new installation. I do NOT like owning investment properties.

And I'm still trying not to think about Mom and Dad leaving tomorrow to head home. It's just too hard.

2 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

awww, I know you are going to miss them. :( Just love on them today. :) I think your review blog is fabulous! You have A TON of followers and readers already. That is pretty fast for a new blog. I say keep on truckin' with it!

Ashley said...

I know what you mean. It does suck to get turned down to review some cheap little item. But I keep going, because the worst people can do is say no and some really amazing companies that I'd never expect to be interested do say yes! :)