Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear people who I know in real-life (for when you discover this blog)

As I've mentioned here before, my blog is not something that I tend to mention to my friends and family.  A few real-life friends know about it, and I'm not entirely sure how those people found out about it. I mean, obviously, I told them, and I'm glad they know about the blog and read it, but I can't remember what the circumstances were exactly that prompted me to tell them.

But now, with the review blog and my info and name being posted in more and more places on the internet, I have the sneaking suspicion that my little secret is going to be out soon.

So, to those of you who find this blog and are shocked to find out that I have this whole other life- DO NOT BE OFFENDED THAT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING.  I write here more as therapy for myself than anything else. When I'm having a bad day, I write about it, and then I usually am over the bad day and I continue on.  If I tell real-life people that I'm having a bad day, they will ask me about it again later and will be all worried, and, given that I have the attention span of a hyperactive gnat, I probably wont remember what the whole issue was and discussing it again will just make me grouchy again. I rarely stick with a mood for more than 2 hours. If things are truly serious and I'm really having a problem, I will tell real-life people. This blog is more for my run-of-the-mill bad days, and good days too. I don't blog about the big things that the kids do, just the mundane little cute things. 

In addition to being great therapy, my blog also serves as a nice memory book for the kids' growing-up years, recording all the stuff that I forget to put in the baby book or that doesn't really merit an entry in there. 

And it's also an online diary- I write for me and my memories, and having made friends, both online and in real-life is just a fun side benefit.

So, if you've found this blog and are surprised, 1) please don't be offended that I didn't tell you, 2) please tell me that you found it, and 3) please don't mention it to others.  :) 

Okay, gotta go deal with a cranky toddler now. And sign Daniel's birthday card. Poor guy, so far he bought his own birthday dinner and birthday cake.  We need to take better care of him!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I hear ya. My fam knows about my blog but not my friends. I try not to cause it to censor me and just have the attitude of this is who I am, take it or leave it, because like you say, free therapy is contained in the act of writing a blog....
Happy Birthday Daniel!