Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Days like this

I'm serious, there's something in me that just cannot tolerate Tuesdays.  It's like I'm allergic to them or something. Even Tuesdays that are disguised as Mondays, like today.

Today is one of those days where I'm feeling down for no reason.  Where I just feel like there is a weight sitting on my shoulders all day. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything or comb my hair or smile at people.  It's a day when I'm dreading the end of Ethan's TV-watching hour, because then I have to come up with ideas for entertaining him. 

I think today's emotions are partially hormonally-driven.  My body seems to be rebelling against me lately. For some reason I'm not one who gets any of the good side effects of breastfeeding. Breastfeeding itself is easy enough, but I don't feel bonded and I don't lose weight and I'm not free of other unpleasant girl things.

And I'm also having a day where I'm taking EVERYTHING too personally.  I'm feeling unloved and rejected by people that I don't even know, people that I only interact with online and that have no real importance in my life. I just want to be liked by everyone, even people I don't know!  Yeah, that's not a particularly healthy life perspective. Must work on that.

OH CRAP! They've changed the lineup on PBS! Clifford isn't on now anymore! What to do?  Gotta go, Ethan needs entertaining earlier than expected.

8 comments:

Karen said...

You're at a hard spot, that's for sure. Two small kids who still need so much and are unable to entertain eachother. It will pass, I promise!

Lizzie said...

OH NO! I hate days like that. And I know them very well. At least there are Wednesdays after Tuesdays. And anyway, I think you're pretty and smart and fun and an awesome mom!

Kathy said...

PBS and Playhouse Disney should not be allowed to change when shows are on! I hate when they do that and then end up with crying kids because they didn't get to watch the one show they were told they could watch.
I'm praying for your day today to start going better and for tomorrow to be awesome too.

Lindsay said...

Aww snap. Those days suck. Hope it gets better. I've heard Tuesday is the most stupid day of the week theory from other people too, so you may be on to something.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I know the feeling. Only we need Curious George or Sid the Science Kid.

Camay said...

I was devastated this morning as well when i noticed the pbs line up has changed...maybe next time they can send out an "alert" message. I hate when they do that..i have everything all planned out, then they go and change my world around!

scent4u said...

I absolutely feel your pain. Especially when the Monday blues turn in to Tuesday crazies. It's days like this you just want to crawl back in bed and wait for the day to be over. But being a mom there is now chance of that.

Ashley said...

It's rough, isn't it? I had a tough Thursday too. WISHING it was Friday, bummed that it wasn't. Seriously, I understand!