Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A birthday, of sorts

According to my calculations (TMI, sorry), my sweet little girl  has now been part of our lives for exactly a year.  This time last year she was a microscopic embryo floating around, trying to find a place to settle in for her long wait.  And now she's a plump little girl, smiling at me and laughing at her brother.

It's hard to believe that it's only been a year. It was such a long pregnancy, I think every day lasted about 2 months.  But we got through it all and she's here and she's fabulous. 

So, what's Vivian up to these days?  I know I haven't talked much about her here on the blog, and that's kind of because she's so darned laidback, there just isn't much complaining to do. And, lets be honest, that's mainly what I do here.

Vivian sleeps through the night most nights and naps for the better part of the day as well. She is a good eater and is so excited to see me opening my shirt for feeding time that she practically quivers with joy.  The smile is from ear to ear. Seriously, this girl likes her food.  She rarely cries, usually just when she's overtired and can't settle herself down. And even then it's not real crying, more like one or two little bursts of crying before she loses interest in that.  She loves to watch her brother playing- we can tell that she just thinks he's totally fascinating.  Which is going to definitely come in handy!  Vivian is totally portable- happy to go anywhere and do anything, as long as there's someone around to smile at.

I am so blessed to have had two such easy babies.  Here's hoping her low-key personality sticks around!

4 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

awwwwwwwwwww! I love it!!! :) They are soooo cute!

Lizzie said...

It's like in The Jerk (please tell me you've seen that movie): the first day felt like one week and then the second day felt like about four days, and then the third day just felt like a day, but then the fourth day felt like two weeks....

You've got the sweetest little babies!

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable! Laid back is good!

Ashley said...

CUTE! Her personality sounds so much like my little Natalie's personality. I love it! My first baby was not so easy, so I am loving it this time!!!