Friday, September 4, 2009

And the universe breathed a sigh of relief

It's been kind of funny, since I decided to pick up a little bit of work, I have mentioned this to a few people, and they have all had exactly the same reaction. "OH THANK GOODNESS!". I think that my friends and family could not handle putting up with me much longer in my current angsty, unfocused state. It was similar to having a small tornado trapped inside a room with lots of energy to expend and nowhere to use it. 

Now I'm praying really hard for the right projects, for things that I will be able to do that will be useful to others but that wont hang over me when I've put in my hours for the week. I have a real problem with turning the work side of my brain off. I just keep drifting to my computer to check and see if anyone has responded to the work product I turned in, to make sure there are no questions or issues. And then if there are, I fret until I can get to the computer and deal with them. This is why I can't get too upset at Daniel when he works in the evening, because I understand that he, like me, can't relax until things are done. Same reason our house is generally very clean and tidy. We just don't rest until things are finished.  So, like I said, I'm praying for projects that wont inspire this obsessive side of me. There are some out there, I just have to grab them and hold onto them :)

We're off to my grandmother's house this weekend, so much packing needs to be done now.  I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Stay safe!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Have a great weekend! Even I'm excited for your work projects. I'm sure you'll get some good ones!