Saturday, August 8, 2009

This post might be a little disjointed

It's Saturday, and we've spent the day bouncing from activity to activity, so my slightly ADD brain is having some trouble focusing. My brain is like a bouncy ball, jumping all around. It's a little annoying.

So, this week my brother and I finally told our parents about next year's family trip- we're splitting the cost between us for my parents to go, so we've been busy pricing different cruise lines and dates and doing spreadsheets to figure out costs per person... But it's all booked now and we're ready to go. The trip isn't for 10 months though, so we have a while to wait.

I'm glad that the trip was booked and paid for before I looked at our finances for this month. It hurt. We're just starting to truly see the financial effect of the loss of my paycheck. And if we don't manage to move soon, we're going to have to start making some cuts somewhere. Which is tough when you're already the world's cheapest couple. We don't have cable, our cell phone bills are prepaid, so really cheap, no gym membership, shop at the discount grocery store, only buy clothes on sale... We don't have obvious big expenses that are easy to cut. For us it's the little stuff that just adds up. So I need to really watch that, especially the online shopping. Ten or twenty dollars here and there is kicking our butts. That and the medical bills from my pregnancy with Vivian. Even with great health insurance, it's been pretty spendy. I'm hoping we've seen the last of the bills this month.

Speaking of cheap, my cheapy haircut place was having a 7-highlight-foils for $25 sale, so I went today. I figured I need cute hair to make me feel better for next weekend, when I get to pose for lots of family pictures in which I outweigh everyone else by 40 pounds. And the highlights turned out really well, so I'm happy with the experience!

Now I need a nap, because I've been up since 4 AM with a horrible toothache. I'm trying hard not to think about the likelihood that that's going to end up being an expensive fix too...

Adulthood=expensive!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You're singing my song- and I don't have kids! Hang in there; my manta lately has been "It's only money", and I would trade DH's and my good health for all the money in the world!

I would love to see a picture of your hair!

Two Sick Peas In A Pod said...

Have you seen this blog Carr?

http://proudtobecheap.blogspot.com/