Monday, August 3, 2009

Misc. Monday

1) Did you all see the great news about Stellan? He's been discharged from the hospital! Praise God!

2) The kids had their check-ups today, complete with shots for both of them. Neither kid was very happy about the whole procedure, so I was very glad that Daniel was there with me to help manage the mayhem.

Vivian is doing great- gaining weight and growing nicely. She's up to 10 pounds, 4 ounces now, and is a whopping 22 inches in length. Everything else checked out well too. Hurray for that!

Ethan is doing fine developmentally. Physically though- not so much growing. At 18 months he measured in at 31 inches and 22 lbs 3 oz and today he came in at 31 3/4 inches and 22 1/2 pounds. So very little change. As I've mentioned many times here, eating has never been Ethan's strong point, and since his bad stomach flu in May, getting him to eat anything at all has been a big problem. So the doctor suggested that we keep pushing the high-fat foods, and if he doesn't start gaining soon, we'll supplement with Pediasure.

It's kind of a mental shift for me, since I've been struggling with losing weight for the last 20 years. Now I have to make foods with cream and butter and oil for Ethan. And it is really hard for me to accept it and know that it's okay, after so many years of avoiding foods like that. I have to remember that Ethan is little and skinny and needs to gain weight!

I was going to say something else. But I can't remember what it was. So, happy Monday to you all!

2 comments:

Sweet CuddleCakes said...

My son is soon to be 18 months and we had the same issue. He refused to drink milk or eat, so the doctor gave us Pediasure and he is good as new! My oldest was the same ate, but eventually started eating everything is sight :)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

thanks!