Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kind of wishing it would start raining

I'm having mommy guilt issues today. Yesterday it was a gorgeous afternoon, so we went out for a walk. I even deliberately chose the big hills to walk up. Pushing 60+ pounds of kids and stroller and groceries up the hills definitely adds to the workout! We had a great walk, but when Ethan saw that we were heading home without stopping anywhere fun, he got upset. So I told him that we'd go to the Children's Museum another day, probably tomorrow.

But I don't want to go to the museum today. I don't even want to get dressed today. I did get both the kids dressed, then I ran out of energy. I'm a person who's energized by doing things, so when I am in a pattern of doing nothing, I become even more lethargic. Today I'm VERY much on the lethargic side. Most days I get dressed just so I don't scare the mail/UPS/FedEx guy, since one of them seems to have something to drop off here every day (I do all my shopping by computer these days, so get lots of mail/packages). But today I decided that I didn't care and am still wearing my pjs at noon.

So, I'm kind of wishing it would start raining so that I had a valid excuse for not getting dressed and taking the kids out. I don't think it's going to happen though, and Ethan napped early, which means a long afternoon to fill up, so I'd better get my act together and go make myself presentable. Right after I check my email one more time...

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

It'll be good to get out - you'll remember that there are other people around that live and work in this city! And Ethan will get tired out and sleep well tonight! That said, Lucy and I are just playing in the yard today because I don't feel like going anywhere! :D

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Nothing wrong with staying home and relaxing! :)

Two Sick Peas In A Pod said...

Carr-we all feel like that from time to time.

Penelope said...

it's raining here, and it's bringing me down...you can have our rain.