Friday, July 31, 2009

Show us your wedding ceremony/flowers

I felt inspired to participate in the goings-on at Kelly's blog today. Wanting to reminisce a bit, I think! So, today's blog post idea was "show us your wedding ceremony/flowers."

As I've mentioned before, we got married on February 25, 2006 at the Smith Tower in downtown Seattle.

My brother walked me down the "aisle" (not really much of an aisle, the room is fairly small), since my dad is a pastor and performed the ceremony. I figured my brother needed something to do.
There wasn't really anywhere for us to stand out of sight while waiting to make our entrance, so we had to stand there with people looking at us for what seemed like an eternity. But it gave me a chance to scan the crowd and see where people were and who all was there, so it was okay.



















Dad performing the ceremony. View of Puget Sound in the background. Dad made it all the way to the "welcome to the wedding of Daniel and Carrie" before he choked up.

.

















Mom watching the ceremony. Given the size of the room, she was about a foot away from me. She was also crying. As were my grandmothers sitting next to her. I have a very emotional family!



















Daniel and I. Yes, he's crying. And yes, I am not. I rarely cry. I did finally get a little teary at the end of the ceremony though. Actually, the most emotional person was our best man. I kept staring at him, since he was in my direct line of view, and wondering why he was crying so much. Then I would notice the ferries out the window and get distracted by those. I am VERY easily distracted.














Vows.













Our parents laying hands on us and praying at the end of the ceremony. By this point I am crying and my nose is running and I know I have to stand up and kiss Daniel and walk back down the aisle. So I'm trying to listen to the prayer and get the hankie out of my mom's hand at the same time. She didn't understand what I was doing and kept moving it. Fortunately, Daniel figured out what was going on and gave me a tissue.















Married!



















Daniel and his groomsmen. On the left of the picture is his best friend since childhood, on the right another close friend. As you can see by the lack of wedding ring on Daniel, photos were taken before the ceremony. At my brother's wedding, he deliberately wore his ring at the photos taken before his ceremony, so he wouldn't look unmarried in his wedding pictures :)













Me and my girls. On the left is my best friend/aunt (it's a long story) and on the right is my other best friend, who I've known since middle school. Now, you think finding wedding dresses for your bridesmaids was hard? I had to dress an average size, 5'6" inch, very pale, Caucasian, and a plus-sized, 5' 3" dark-skinned Pakistani-American Muslim who had to have her arms and chest covered. In the winter. Hardest part of the wedding planning, hands down.

This photo shows our flowers. We made the bouquets ourselves. By we, I do not include myself, because I am not capable of doing crafts.



















With our parents. Yes, his parents were happy, they just don't really smile in pictures.













When we got engaged, I didn't really want a wedding and had to be talked into it by my family. But we managed to keep our wedding small and it all turned out great in the end. And we've been happily married ever since!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

So nice to reminisce eh? Lovely wedding!

Ashley said...

Your wedding looks like it was so beautiful!

rh said...

That's just gorgeous! I love this post!

Kickin' Kari said...

Hello fellow Washingtonian! I cracked up when you talked about being easily distracted by the ferries...LOL What a neat story.You looked beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Awww, I love it! Your dress is so pretty!