Friday, July 3, 2009

I so have no idea what day it is anymore

This morning I got up early to take my turn hanging out with Miss Nocturnal, and kept staring out the window in confusion at the coffee shop. Why was it open so early on a Saturday? It took me 2 solid hours to figure out that today was actually still Friday. Three-day weekend! Seriously, I appreciated three-day weekends and vacations when I worked, but now appreciate them even more, since it means I get to hang out with my sweet husband.

Today is running errands day. That's definitely been another shift since Vivian showed up- we used to do pretty much all the miscellaneous errand running together on the weekend. Now that's just not really practical, so I tend to go out and take care of most of it alone on Saturday. Or in this case on Friday. I'm also doing more online, since it's hard to get everything done in my limited time alone/with a car. I got my first order from Alice.com yesterday and was pleased with that. It's another household goods shopping site, and the prices seem to be good. The thing I liked is that shipping is always free, which is nice since I usually end up wasting money trying to get up to free shipping on other sites. And when shopping at my favorite stores, I definitely spend more money than I planned, as I wander the aisles and see things that I "need".

Can I just say one thing? I know I've been kind of cranky/whiny lately. And I know that I am so overwhelmingly blessed and have so little to complain about in the grand scheme of things. But I am going through a big transition and dealing with lots of hormones and very little sleep, and this is my reality and sometimes I find it kind of challenging. Not challenging like I can't deal with it, but enough to need a place to vent. And, as a stay-at-home mom of a newborn and another small one, I don't really talk to people during the day and rarely leave my condo during the week. Right now my world is small, and this is my place to vent and write about what's bugging me so that I can get it out of my system and be smiling when my overworked/undersleeping husband comes home. Writing helps me process my thoughts and figure out what I need to talk to Daniel about and what is the silly stuff not worth mentioning. And it helps me remember to pray about the things that are bugging and stressing me. So please, bear with me.

Now, go forth and enjoy the sunshine (I hope you have sunshine where you are!). And have a safe and happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

vent away! I don't know what day it is either my friend. You are not alone! :) I fell asleep on the toilet yesterday and I also tried to feed my children my prenatal vitamins instead of their flintstone vitamins on accident. I am NOT getting the mother of the year award! haha I hope it gets better! :)

Nicole Feliciano said...

oh my. if you can't vent here where can you let off steam!