Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A different post than I came online to write

I logged on just now, ready to write a post about my newest gripe- my lack of personal space. This is a common problem for moms, I know, but I am a person who loves her personal space, so having the two little ones climbing/sitting on me all day is making me a little nuts. Especially in the heat. My 22-month-old does not comprehend his mommy's #1 life rule: "no touching Carrie for any reason if she is in an environment that is over 70 degrees."

But, before I started writing, I was looking at the blogher links and ended up over on Maddie's mom's blog. Maddie is the little girl who passed away suddenly three months ago. Her mom's pain radiates off the computer screen and just tears your heart out. I cannot even begin to fathom what she must be going through. I hope I never am able to understand firsthand. I pray that she and her husband will find some measure of comfort.

So instead of whining, I'm typing with a baby lying on my stomach, but I'm grateful for that. Even though I know I probably wont get to eat lunch anytime soon, since her highness disapproves of me moving when she's napping on me. I'll make up for it later in rolo calories. Have I mentioned my new Rolo addiction? Seriously, I'm going through 2 packs a night. Those things are so good. Thank goodness for the combination of being too busy to eat during the day and those extra calories being burned by breastfeeding. I'm in big trouble when I lose those excuses.

Vivian update- month 1:
Weight- 8 pounds, 4 ounces. How do you people that give birth to 8+ pounders manage? My great-grandmother produced 11+ pounders. And she was not a large woman. My back hurts just thinking about it.
Length- Supposedly 20 inches. But since she was 20.5 inches at her 2 week checkup, no one really knows for sure. Apparently doctors dont put much faith in this measurement, since babies are so wiggly.
Activities: Sleeping all day. And most of the night lately (thank goodness). Eating 12+ times/day still. Growing more chins- she's up to at least 3, possibly more.
I got lucky and got another non-cryer. I think God knows that I am not the type of person who could cope with a baby who cries all the time. When Vivian cries, it's because she wants something, and she usually stops right away.

Funny story. Well, funny to me. Last night, after Daniel got home, I went out to the store to get some high-fat foods for Ethan, since he hasn't really been eating lately and we're starting to get concerned about his weight and height. And when I got home, Ethan was running around wildly (an hour after bedtime) and had been crying because Vivian was crying earlier. Vivian was no longer crying, but was demanding that Daniel hold her. So Daniel was trying to get Ethan back to bed while balancing the baby in his arms and keep everyone from crying. My evil inner self giggled when I saw the scene. Daniel's a saint and so good to me, but I still like him to get a glimpse of the reality of daily life in our home with two little ones!

**One week left! Please go vote for me at the parenting picks contest!**

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

I love it when Adam experiences stuff like that too - it dispels any sort of fantasy they might have about what goes on in our daily lives!

momstheword said...

Your pictures of your children are precious. What a joy to be in the beginning of your parenting journey. Although it can be tiring sometimes too!

I remember wanting my husband to experience what I did by being home, but for him it was more like "babysitting."

It just seems like all they do is watch the kids, they don't clean and fold laundry and all the other chores at the same time, lol! At least mine didn't.

My heart goes out to that mother. I just can't imagine.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

lol I really love the comment about her chins. That is hilarious! :) She is so cute. Have I mentioned I LOVE HER HAIR! :) lol Soooooo cute!

Ashley said...

I'm glad she's a non-crier, that is awesome! Natalie's pretty good like that too.

Nicole Feliciano said...

I would have gotten a bit of glee too!

kiddiescorner said...

The Maddie story touched so many lives here in the blogosphere my heart just breaks along with Kayleighs parents. I just found your blog hopping around so wanted to say hello. Congrats on your new baby!