Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mooooooo.....

Yes, it's another post centered around breastfeeding! I would blog about something else, but nursing the baby is pretty much my entire world these days!

Vivian went in for her 2 week checkup on Monday, and the doctor was unhappy with her weight gain. Seriously, I have been overweight for 99.9% of my life, how did I end up with two skinny kids who don't like to eat and can't gain weight? Actually, I know the answer to that question- they had to inherit something from their 125 pound daddy! So we're going back to the doctor again tomorrow to check and see how she's doing now. Seriously, I am so utterly tired of going to doctors' appointments. Enough already!

I also ended up with appointments on Monday- I went in for my incision check at the OB and when the nurse checked my blood pressure, it was so high that they wanted me to go see my regular doctor about it. Fortunately, my doctor is also Vivian's doctor, so we just tacked on a visit for me at the same time I was taking her in. Can't imagine why my blood pressure is high- adjusting to having two kids under the age of 2 while recovering from surgery and not getting much sleep isn't at all stressful :)

Hopefully Vivian's weight will be up tomorrow and she wont have to go through any further testing. I'd hate for her to have to go through that. She is nursing 12-14 times/day (I told you it was my whole life!), so I can't imagine that she hasn't gained weight!

In other news, my husband is a saint. He's been mainly sleeping in Ethan's room so he can get some sleep and be rested for work, but several nights this week I've fallen asleep and woken up in the middle of the night to find him walking around with Vivian, trying to get her to fall back asleep. The other nights this week he's ended up working until midnight, so he's definitely not getting much rest at all. I know he's glad to have our kids, but I'm sure he's wishing he'd done all this new baby stuff in his 20s instead of in his 40s.

So that's the recap from here. Doing well, enjoying the sunshine coming through the windows and trying to soak up all the grandparent time we can, before they go home on Sunday. I'm going to have to actually take care of my kids myself! Many interesting blog posts to come soon, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I remember nursing every 1.5-2 hours. And I certainly don't envy you that... Go Vivian! Gain that weight!

Ashley said...

I hope she gains the weight soon! Natalie, my little baby, absolutely would NOT gain weight on my breast milk no matter how often I nursed her at all, so I had to switch entirely to formula. Now she's kind of chubby, at least a little bit. :) Some of us just have breast milk that doesn't have enough fat in it, I guess, or something like that. Who knows really??