Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday morning

We're making progress through the week! It's Wednesday already!  Daniel's off to work now, and Ethan and I are sitting at the dining room table, waiting for 9:30 to roll around, because that's when Clifford the Big Red Dog comes on our local PBS station. Ethan is playing with playdough. "Playing" with playdough for him consists of ripping it into teeny tiny little pieces, some of which he will casually hold up to his mouth while looking at me, just to get me to react and say "NO! DON'T EAT THAT!".  The rest of the teeny tiny pieces (particularly the teeniest of them) will be dropped onto the floor for smashing into the carpet.  Fortunately, we have completely given up on the carpet and will just replace it before we sell/rent out this place. 

It's been a pretty quiet week here so far. I'm definitely getting bigger by the moment and am usually fairly miserable by the end of the day. The baby is very very low, so walking and standing are not the most fun things to do. The Braxton-Hicks contractions are picking up too, but definitely are not anything more than that.  I have a lot of conversations with New Baby these days. Mostly trying to convince her that she'll be full-term this weekend, so any time she wants to come out is fine.  And explaining to her that she has a closet full of pretty dresses and cute shoes waiting for her, so life would be much more fun for her on the outside. 

But, as much as I want to meet my little girl and be done forever with pregnancy, my type-A, organized, planning side knows that it would be best if she stayed put until June 1, since we have all the grandparents lined up for Ethan care around that date. Daniel's parents will arrive the day before the c-section and will stay until Wednesday. Then we have a few days at home alone before my parents show up on Monday (they aren't staying with us) and will stay for two weeks. Ethan's going to have lots of quality grandparent time!  He's going to be in for a VERY big shock at the end of June when all the grandparents leave and it's just him and mommy and that crying thing, alone in the house.  

Oh, and did you go vote for me today?  Seriously, I'm hugely pregnant and stuck at home with a toddler. I need sympathy votes :)
  

3 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I voted and made my sister vote again too! :) I will have Dusty vote when he gets home tonight too. You can vote once a day from different computers and we have two at our house. :) Hope she comes out soon! I am soooo uncomfortable and ready for her. I know that I should be patient but I feel so icky! :)

Jen said...

Hi C - I wanted to let you know that I gave your blog the One Lovely Blog Award.

Details here:
http://mazigra1.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-received-one-lovely-blog-award-for-my.html

(I am also giving it back b/c I love your blog too)

pam said...

DO YOU HAVE THE EADIBLE PLAYDOUGH RECIEPE, I WOULD BE GLAD TO SEND IT TO YOU.