Sunday, May 31, 2009

One more day...

I can hardly even type that without feeling a wave of nausea. Seriously. I think it's entirely possible that I'm even more freaked out than I was before Ethan was born. Possibly because I know pretty much what's coming this time. Last time everything was very theoretical and vague and unknown.

I'm up early this morning, as usual. Enjoying some time alone with the computer and my coffee and my breakfast. Mentally planning my breakfast for tomorrow. I am not allowed to eat after 8 AM, so I need to make breakfast tomorrow count!

Our cats definitely know something is going on. One of our cats, the dumb one (trust me, this is not a mean comment, she just is not smart at all) keeps looking at me and then crying at the top of her lungs and running away, while looking back at me over her shoulder. From her perspective, seeing me walking toward her is probably like watching Godzilla attack Tokyo, so I shouldn't be surprised. It's a little creepy though, she just sits on the opposite side of the room and stares at me.

Today is church, then the final attempt at our to-do list. Vacuuming, kitchen/bathroom floor mopping, more laundry, the usual. The in-laws arrive a little before 7 tonight. Daniel was going to take them out to dinner right away, but has now decided to bring them here to see Ethan's nighttime routine. Which is a good idea. I'm glad Daniel's brain is still working. My brain pretty much has been reduced to mush. I just walk around muttering "laundry. c-section on Monday. having another baby. hot. need snack."

I'm not sure if I'll post tomorrow morning or not. I really have little of interest to say these days. See comments in last paragraph about my brain. If I don't post in the morning, then I'll try to post late Monday night or Tuesday morning with New Baby's info. I think we will have internet access at the hospital. If not, you're going to have to wait until I get home on Wednesday night (theoretical discharge date, at least). Thanks to all for your prayers. I can't wait to share our good news with you!

7 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I am so excited for you! :) It will all go so smooth and you will get your prize...FINALLY! :) Just think of dressing her up cute, cuddling with her, and get THIS...They don't run away or talk like our Ethan's and Kameron do. They have to stay there and take it and they like it. We get prizes this week! :) Yay!!!
I will probably be the way you are today tomorrow. I have to admit I am nervous too...But prizes, focus on the prizes! Can't wait to see them!

Jen said...

Lots and lots of healthy quick prayers for you and New Baby. We will be thinking of you tomorrow!!

mona said...

I'm so excited for you Carrie! I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Lindsay said...

Good luck Carrie! Thinking of you guys.

Lizzie said...

Wheeee! We can't wait either! We'll be praying real hard for you tomorrow (and tonight). xoxoxo

Dee said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking about you tomorrow!

Beanie said...

Good luck, Carrie!!