Monday, May 18, 2009

Moving on to a new phase in life

It was a good weekend here-until 1:30 AM last night, when Ethan started vomiting. And getting nosebleeds.  Fun.  So he's home today instead of being off at daycare.  Since he only had 3 days left of daycare, I'm kind of sad about that, but I know home is the best place for him when he's not feeling well.  We're just hanging out and staying quiet today, and occasionally risking the consumption of cheerios or some other boring food like that. Hopefully it's going to be a fast-moving bug!

Anyway, before the plague hit, we were doing usual weekend activities around here. After church, Daniel and Ethan took a walk out in the sun to the Seattle Center, where they played on some of the baby rides at the Fun Forest.  Daniel said Ethan had a great time on all of them, I guess he's inherited his daddy's brave spirit!  While they were out, I decided that it was time to get another activity checked off of my to-do list, and I headed into my office to finish cleaning and moving out my belongings.

As I've mentioned before, I'm now on leave from work for the rest of the year.  I'm hoping to work again next year, but that's dependent on where we're living and things like that.  No matter what, I'm not likely to ever physically work from the office again, so when I left this time, I gave up my office to make space for another returning coworker (people leave and come back at this company like nobody's business!).  

It was really weird and kind of emotional, packing up my office yesterday. I've been working at this company since I finished my master's degree in 2003, and I've been working from this particular office since January 2005.  Given that I didn't even meet Daniel until May 2005, my office and coworkers have seen me through a lot of transitions!  Packing up really made things real too- I've been feeling for a while that maybe I need to focus more on mommyhood and less on work, and I've not been working for almost a month now, but somehow it all didn't really sink in until I took my pictures off the walls and shelves and put them in boxes.  

I leave you today with some of the more memorable things from my time working at this office.





















































2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Heheh, when I'm in a hotel I mos def don't care if I'm prancing around nekked. From your perspective I can see how it would be bothersome though. Also, holy crap your having a BABY soon!!!

mona said...

Sometimes I cannot comment on your posts because I'm at work so what I wanted to say when I first read this was HOW CAN YOU WORK IN FRONT OF NAKED PEOPLE? I would be watching *all* the time.